Thaney CPA Team-Building
About This Campaign
For construction volunteering, registration is required and you must be available for the full shift (12-4pm). Click the "participate" link to volunteer. (Keep reading for FAQs)
Please eat lunch before arriving. Meetup location will be in the city of Rochester. Exact meetup location will be emailed 1-2 weeks prior to your build day.
If you just want to help fundraise, you can join the team by using the same "participate" link on the right and select "not building" as your shift. You can also just share this page without registering.
In addition to volunteers, Habitat needs financial support to grow and help more of our neighbors build strength, stability, and self-reliance through shelter.
Please join us in supporting this great cause by making a donation to our fundraising page today. Together, we can help Rochester lead the way to a world where everyone has a decent place to live.
• We work year-round as long as conditions are safe. For issues of inclement weather, our construction sites will close when the Rochester City School District has also closed.
• Upon arriving, please sign-in! Signing in is necessary to be covered by our secondary insurance, to confirm volunteer hours, and for us to send you a thank you!
• No skills needed, our construction team are trained professionals who will walk you through your assigned tasks while volunteering.
• Dress for the weather, plan to work outside, and expect to get dirty!
• We recommend hard-soled work shoes or hiking boots, old work clothes, and dressing in layers.
• Also recommended: hat or sunscreen for hot weather, hand sanitizer or baby wipes for lunch.
• No halters tops. No sandals or flip flops.
• Avoid wearing jewelry.
• Place valuables in a locked trunk/out of sight, or carried in a waist pouch.
Amenities on Site:
• We provide all tools needed, including safety googles and work gloves.
• We provide drinking water and water bottles (Please help us save money and reduce waste, bring your own reusable water bottle!)
• Portable toilet
• Parking: on street parking is available on surrounding neighborhood streets.
• Construction volunteers must be at least 16 years old. 16 and 17 year old volunteers must have a parent or guardian's consent: Youth Permission Form here.
• Youth Permission form can be filled out and brought out on the build day, or sent to our office before the build day (contact info below).
• By volunteering with us, you acknowledge that we carry secondary insurance. This means that in the case of an accident or injury, your insurance is primary, and our insurance will generally cover any additional costs.
• By volunteering with us, you consent to the use of any photos or video taken during your volunteering for public promotion of Flower City Habitat for Humanity and our mission.
Questions? Contact our Volunteer Coordinator:
Ken H. Braley
Office: 585-546-1470 ext. 315
participants of 20 goal
raised of $400 goal
Location / Venue
- TBD - City of Rochester
- Location will be emailed 1-2 weeks prior to your build day.
- Rochester, New York
- 14611, USA
- Apr 26, 2018 12:00 pm to
- Apr 26, 2018 04:00 pm
Campaign to Support Flower City Habitat for Humanity
People in our community, and all over the world, partner with Habitat for Humanity to build or improve a place they can call home. Habitat homeowners help build their own homes alongside volunteers and pay an affordable mortgage. With our help, Habitat homeowners achieve the strength, stability, and self-reliance they need to build a better life for themselves and their families.