Thrivent-Harvest Faith Build: 2021 New Build on Jay Street
A volunteering campaign for Flower City Habitat for Humanity.
About This Campaign
When you click the volunteer button, you will see all available shifts for the next several weeks. Additional days are opened on a rolling basis, so please check back every week or two for more availability.
**EXPECTED** Work Schedule:
Wed, June 23 - Foundation
Thu, June 24 - Foundation
Thu, July 1 - Subfloor
Fri, July 2 - Subfloor
Sat, July 10 - 1st Day Framing (Wall Raising)
Fri, July 16 - First Floor Framing
Sat, July 17 - Second Floor Framing
Thu, July 29 - Truss Prep
Fri, July 30 - Trusses
Additional dates open weekly.
Spots are generally available on a first come, first serve basis, but if you want to reserve a day as a group, email email@example.com.
Please aim to sign-up at least one week, preferably 2+ weeks in advance. Most shifts not filled by Thrivent-Harvest volunteers will be opened to public volunteering.
Construction Volunteering FAQs:
• Please bring a packed lunch and water.
• We work year-round as long as conditions are safe. For issues of inclement weather, our construction sites will close when the Rochester City School District has also closed.
• Upon arriving, please sign-in! Signing in is necessary to be covered by our secondary insurance, to confirm volunteer hours, and for us to send you a thank you!
• No skills needed, our construction team are trained professionals who will walk you through your assigned tasks while volunteering.
• Dress for the weather, plan to work outside, and expect to get dirty! We have work gloves, but bringing your own is a plus.
• We recommend hard-soled work shoes or hiking boots, old work clothes, work gloves, and dressing in layers.
• Also recommended: hat or sunscreen for hot weather, hand sanitizer or baby wipes for lunch.
• No halters tops. No sandals or flip flops.
• Avoid wearing jewelry.
• Place valuables in a locked trunk/out of sight, or carried in a waist pouch.
Amenities on Site:
• We provide all tools and safety equipment; but if you have your favorites, you can bring them.
• Portable toilet.
• Parking: on street parking is available on surrounding neighborhood streets.
• Construction volunteers must be at least 16 years old. 16 and 17 year old volunteers must have a parent or guardian's consent: Youth Permission Form is here.
• Youth Permission form can be filled out and brought out on the build day, or sent to our office before the build day (contact info below).
Questions? Email firstname.lastname@example.org
Location / Venue
- 757 Jay Street
- Rochester, NY 14611
Campaign to Support Flower City Habitat for Humanity
People in our community, and all over the world, partner with Habitat for Humanity to build or improve a place they can call home. Habitat homeowners help build their own homes alongside volunteers and pay an affordable mortgage. With our help, Habitat homeowners achieve the strength, stability, and self-reliance they need to build a better life for themselves and their families.