Volunteering is now open on the 2021 Thrivent / Harvest Home Faith Build at 757 Jay Street!
When you click the volunteer button, you will see all available shifts for the next several weeks. Additional days are opened on a rolling basis, so please check back every week or two for more availability.
Spots are generally available on a first come, first serve basis, but if you want to reserve a day as a group, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please aim to sign-up at least one week, preferably 2+ weeks in advance. Most shifts not filled by Thrivent-Harvest volunteers will be opened to public volunteering.
Construction Volunteering FAQs:
• Please bring work gloves, a packed lunch, and water.
• We work year-round as long as conditions are safe. For issues of inclement weather, our construction sites will close when the Rochester City School District has also closed.
• Upon arriving, please sign-in! Signing in is necessary to be covered by our secondary insurance, to confirm volunteer hours, and for us to send you a thank you!
• No skills needed, our construction team are trained professionals who will walk you through your assigned tasks while volunteering.
• Dress for the weather, plan to work outside, and expect to get dirty! Please bring work gloves.
• We recommend hard-soled work shoes or hiking boots, old work clothes, work gloves, and dressing in layers.
• Also recommended: hat or sunscreen for hot weather, hand sanitizer or baby wipes for lunch.
• No halters tops. No sandals or flip flops.
• Avoid wearing jewelry.
• Place valuables in a locked trunk/out of sight, or carried in a waist pouch.
Amenities on Site:
• We provide all tools and safety equipment; but if you have your favorites, you can bring them.
• Portable toilet.
• Parking: on street parking is available on surrounding neighborhood streets.
• Construction volunteers must be at least 16 years old. 16 and 17 year old volunteers must have a parent or guardian's consent: Youth Permission Form is here.
• Youth Permission form can be filled out and brought out on the build day, or sent to our office before the build day (contact info below).
Questions? Email email@example.com