A volunteering campaign for Flower City Habitat for Humanity.
About This Campaign
Be sure to take some photos and tag us @RocHabitat
Construction Volunteering FAQs:
• Please bring a packed lunch and water.
• We work year-round as long as conditions are safe. For issues of inclement weather, our construction sites will close when the Rochester City School District has also closed.
• Upon arriving, please sign-in! Signing in is necessary to be covered by our secondary insurance, to confirm volunteer hours, and for us to send you a thank you!
• No skills needed, our construction team are trained professionals who will walk you through your assigned tasks while volunteering.
• Dress for the weather, plan to work outside, and expect to get dirty! We have work gloves, but bringing your own is a plus.
• We recommend hard-soled work shoes or hiking boots, old work clothes, work gloves, and dressing in layers.
• Also recommended: hat or sunscreen for hot weather, hand sanitizer or baby wipes for lunch.
• No halters tops. No sandals or flip flops.
• Avoid wearing jewelry.
• Place valuables in a locked trunk/out of sight, or carried in a waist pouch.
Amenities on Site:
• We provide all tools and safety equipment; but if you have your favorites, you can bring them.
• Portable toilet
• Parking: on street parking is available on surrounding neighborhood streets.
• Construction volunteers must be at least 16 years old. 16 and 17 year old volunteers must have a parent or guardian's consent: Youth Permission Form is here.
• Youth Permission form can be filled out and brought out on the build day, or sent to our office before the build day (contact info below).
Questions? Email email@example.com
Location / Venue
- Rochester, NY
Campaign to Support Flower City Habitat for Humanity
People in our community, and all over the world, partner with Habitat for Humanity to build or improve a place they can call home. Habitat homeowners help build their own homes alongside volunteers and pay an affordable mortgage. With our help, Habitat homeowners achieve the strength, stability, and self-reliance they need to build a better life for themselves and their families.