Habitat Interfaith Partnership - 2019
A volunteering campaign for Flower City Habitat for Humanity.
About This Campaign
#1 - Cuba Pl. (1998)
#2 - Love St. (2001)
#3 - Fulton Ave. (2004-2005)
#4 - Orange St. (2007)
#5 - Campbell St. (2010)
#6 - Brown St. (2013)
#7 - Orange St. (2016)
#8 - Holworthy St. (2019) <----- CHANGED! Based on our homebuyer choices, the need has changed from our previous plans. If you haven't been notified yet, please email email@example.com for details.
Half day and full day options are available. To view available volunteer shifts, click the volunteer button. You can preview shifts before confirming your selection.
For full days, please bring a bagged lunch.
MEETUP LOCATION: The meetup location for each shift is listed next to it. All construction volunteers meet at one location in the morning to sign-in and have an orientation together. From there, volunteers break into teams and go to work on each house.
Additional Construction FAQs:
• We work year-round as long as conditions are safe. For issues of inclement weather, our construction sites will close when the Rochester City School District has also closed.
• Upon arriving, please sign-in! Signing in is necessary to be covered by our secondary insurance, to confirm volunteer hours, and for us to send you a thank you!
• No skills needed, our construction team are trained professionals who will walk you through your assigned tasks while volunteering.
• Dress for the weather, plan to work outside, and expect to get dirty!
• We recommend hard-soled work shoes or hiking boots, old work clothes, and dressing in layers.
• Also recommended: hat or sunscreen for hot weather, hand sanitizer or baby wipes for lunch.
• No halters tops. No sandals or flip flops.
• Avoid wearing jewelry.
• Place valuables in a locked trunk/out of sight, or carried in a waist pouch.
Amenities on Site:
• We provide all tools needed, including safety googles and work gloves.
• We provide drinking water and water bottles (Please help us save money and reduce waste, bring your own reusable water bottle!)
• Portable toilet
• Parking: on street parking is available on surrounding neighborhood streets.
• Construction volunteers must be at least 16 years old. 16 and 17 year old volunteers must have a parent or guardian's consent: Youth Permission Form is here.
• Youth Permission form can be filled out and brought out on the build day, or sent to our office before the build day (contact info below).
• By volunteering with us, you acknowledge that we carry secondary insurance. This means that in the case of an accident or injury, your insurance is primary, and our insurance will generally cover any additional costs.
• By volunteering with us, you consent to the use of any photos or video taken during your volunteering for public promotion of Flower City Habitat for Humanity and our mission.
Questions? Contact our Volunteer Manager:
Ken H. Braley
Office: 585-546-1470 ext. 315
Location / Venue
- Rochester, NY 14611
Campaign to Support Flower City Habitat for Humanity
People in our community, and all over the world, partner with Habitat for Humanity to build or improve a place they can call home. Habitat homeowners help build their own homes alongside volunteers and pay an affordable mortgage. With our help, Habitat homeowners achieve the strength, stability, and self-reliance they need to build a better life for themselves and their families.