The Penfield Area Coalition of Churches and Flower City Habitat for Humanity are building our 13th home together!
#1 - 58 Hoeltzer St. (1997)
#2 - 27 Cuba Pl. (1999)
#3 - 126 Rauber St. (2001)
#4 - 215 Fulton Ave. (2004)
#5 - 52 Hoeltzer St. (2007)
#6 - 566 Jay St. (2009)
#7 - 47 Love St. (2010)
#8 - 628 Brown St. (2012)
#9 - 560 Brown St. (2014)
#10 - 121 Orchard St. (2016)
#11 - 19 Eddy St. (2018)
#12 - 77 Melville St. (2020)
#13 - 67 Melville St. (2022)
To volunteer, click the button on the right, register, and choose your work days. This schedule is updated every 1-2 weeks, so please check back for additional volunteering opportunities! If you'd like to reserve a day for a group, please email firstname.lastname@example.org for additional availability.
Construction Volunteering FAQs:
• Please bring work gloves, a packed lunch, and water. We work from 9am to 4pm and ask that you stay the entire shift and arrive 15 minutes early.
• We work year-round as long as conditions are safe. For issues of inclement weather, our construction sites will close when the Rochester City School District has also closed.
• Upon arriving, please sign-in! Signing in is necessary to be covered by our secondary insurance, to confirm volunteer hours, and for us to send you a thank you!
• No skills needed, our construction team are trained professionals who will walk you through your assigned tasks while volunteering.
• Dress for the weather, plan to work outside, and expect to get dirty! Please bring work gloves.
• We recommend hard-soled work shoes or hiking boots, old work clothes, work gloves, and dressing in layers.
• Also recommended: hat or sunscreen for hot weather, hand sanitizer or baby wipes for lunch.
• No halters tops. No sandals or flip flops.
• Avoid wearing jewelry.
• Place valuables in a locked trunk/out of sight, or carried in a waist pouch.
Amenities on Site:
• We provide all tools and safety equipment; but if you have your favorites, you can bring them.
• Portable toilet.
• Parking: on street parking is available on surrounding neighborhood streets.
• Construction volunteers must be at least 16 years old. 16 and 17 year old volunteers must have a parent or guardian's consent: Youth Permission Form is here.
• Youth Permission form can be filled out and brought out on the build day, or sent to our office before the build day