Women Build 2021 - Build days on our 17th house!
A volunteering campaign for Flower City Habitat for Humanity.
About This Campaign
• You will use the same login as your fundraising page, but will have to give additional information to volunteer. (If you already have an account, be sure you are signed-in first.)
TO HELP FUNDRAISE: Start your own team or join a public team today! We raise most of the money online, but we'll also invite you to our Women Build events. Visit the Women Build 2021 - Fundraising page to help us fund this house!
Construction Volunteering FAQs:
• Please bring work gloves, a packed lunch, and water.
• We work year-round as long as conditions are safe. For issues of inclement weather, our construction sites will close when the Rochester City School District has also closed.
• Upon arriving, please sign-in! Signing in is necessary to be covered by our secondary insurance, to confirm volunteer hours, and for us to send you a thank you!
• No skills needed, our construction team are trained professionals who will walk you through your assigned tasks while volunteering.
• Dress for the weather, plan to work outside, and expect to get dirty! Please bring work gloves.
• We recommend hard-soled work shoes or hiking boots, old work clothes, work gloves, and dressing in layers.
• Also recommended: hat or sunscreen for hot weather, hand sanitizer or baby wipes for lunch.
• No halters tops. No sandals or flip flops.
• Avoid wearing jewelry.
• Place valuables in a locked trunk/out of sight, or carried in a waist pouch.
Amenities on Site:
• We provide all tools and safety equipment; but if you have your favorites, you can bring them.
• Portable toilet
• Parking: on street parking is available on surrounding neighborhood streets.
• Construction volunteers must be at least 16 years old. 16 and 17 year old volunteers must have a parent or guardian's consent: Youth Permission Form is here.
• Youth Permission form can be filled out and brought out on the build day, or sent to our office before the build day (contact info below).
Questions? Email firstname.lastname@example.org
Location / Venue
- 79 Lime Street
- Rochester, NY 14606
Campaign to Support Flower City Habitat for Humanity
People in our community, and all over the world, partner with Habitat for Humanity to build or improve a place they can call home. Habitat homeowners help build their own homes alongside volunteers and pay an affordable mortgage. With our help, Habitat homeowners achieve the strength, stability, and self-reliance they need to build a better life for themselves and their families.